PS&S has conducted comprehensive energy audits for clients with facilities in New Jersey, Indiana, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico, Italy, and France. PS&S mechanical and electrical engineers have reviewed design documents and drawings, discussed building operations with facilities operations staff, and surveyed utility plants, mechanical rooms, rooftop equipment, and building spaces. Various energy savings initiatives have been identified during the assessments. Lifecycle analysis calculations have been performed to quantify the energy savings and paybacks associated with implementing these initiatives.
PS&S is assisting the owner with implementation of their goal of reducing energy consumption at their manufacturing and laboratory sites by 15% by the year 2015 based on 2009 energy consumption baseline.
THE PS&S SOLUTION
PS&S has identified a wide range of energy conservation measures, including:
- Optimization and modifications of boiler plant operations such as steam system pressure reduction, blowdown energy recovery, stack economizers, and condensate return.
- Free-cooling and freeze protection alterations to existing chiller plant operations.
- HVAC system upgrades including: airchange rate reduction, airside energy recovery, night and unoccupied mode setbacks, and occupied setpoint evaluations.
- Compressed air plant energy savings via pressure reduction.
- Lighting system upgrades including relamping and incorporation of occupancy sensors.
- Investigation of electrical demand charge reduction opportunities.